Charlie is finally at home. He seems to be doing ok but he is throwing up some phlegm. He ate breakfast this morning and that made me very happy. With Bryan's help, I am able to get his liquid antibiotic down his throat. I hope they work. I am supposed to get his biopsy results back tomorrow. Please God, let everything be ok.
I totaled up all of his bills and gulp...in the past month, we ran up our previously (almost) empty credit card and spent $2500 on him. Because of that, we will not be able to do an IUI next month if this one doesn't work. We have just enough money for tomorrow's IUI and that's it. If I don't get pregnant this time, then it just wasn't meant to happen right now. Who knows what the future will hold? I do not regret for one minute spending the needed money on Charlie and would do it again in a heartbeat.
My mom is having her CAT scan done as we speak so we will hopefully know something next week.
As for my RE visit yesterday, I was a little disappointed. It started off really good when he told me that my lining was 12mm. It's never been above 9mm in the past. He then told me that I have a 26mm follie on my R side (Holy sh**) and a 14 mm. Umm...what happened to the other 2? He said that sometimes they just go away on their own. The femara is supposed to mimic mother nature and during a normal unmedicated cycle, you are only supposed to have 1 follie. So...I only have 1 follie. That's a little disappointing since I started off with 3 really good ones (16, 15 and 14). My nurse called late yesterday and said my IUI would be Friday at 11AM. Personally, I think they are waiting too long but I guess I have no choice. They told me to trigger between 6PM - 8PM and I triggered before I went to bed at 10PM. I am so afraid that we are going to miss it ('it' being the eggie). I can't help but wonder if I should have triggered this morning. Oh well, time will tell.
2 comments:
Fingers crossed for Mr. Charlie to get a clean bill of health! Poor little guy.
As far as spending the money on him v/s the IUI, don't sweat it. Your priorities shifted this month, and you did what you had to do. Either way, it was money very well spent!!
And hey - it only takes one good egg!!!!! I'd be pissed about dropping from 3 to 1, too; but one is better than none.
Big big big big big hugs.....
PVs to you and your egg! And your Mom, and your kitty. Too many crazy things going on for you. I hope things turn around. I feel anxious just reading about it all.
Best of luck, and I hope things start looking up ASAP.
Post a Comment