Why can't I hate food? Why do I have to eat to stay alive? Most people with addictions (ie, alcohol, drugs, etc.) can completely break free from their addiction and never think twice. I can't do that with food and it pisses me off.
I gained .2 at WW last week and I have been spiraling out of control since then. I didn't weigh in on Thursday. I didn't weigh in today. And after looking at the scale, I am definitely not weighing in tomorrow...unless someone can tell me how to drop 3 1/2 pounds in 12 hours. Who am I kidding? I love food, plain and simple.
Food comforts me. Food makes me happy. Food sedates me and whenever I am feeling sad and need a pick-me-up, it is my drug of choice. It lessens the sadness and makes everything ok (for a short while at least).
I am going to my mom's house next week (Wed. - Sun.) and I can only hope to show some sort of control over it around my mom. Wish me luck...
1 comment:
You know I'm right here with you on this one. And it's not the good stuff we love (like carrots & celery sticks). Oh, no. It's all garbage, all the damn time.
Life would be so much easier if our taste buds were lost in some freak accident.
Post a Comment