I get a call from my gynie's office earlier this week saying that my most recent bloodwork showed high progesterone levels. Wonderful...however the blood work was done over 2 weeks ago and my period has come and gone. The nurse also said that if I did not conceive this month, my gynie wanted to refer me to a specialist since I just completed my 5th round of Clomid. Heeelllllooooooo???? What happened to her running more tests on me in 2 weeks when I go for my yearly exam?? That is what she told me last time. The nurse explained that Dr. Dumbfuck wants me to see a reproductive endocrinologist. Ok...can I go ahead and make the appt.? Nope, gotta wait till my stupid period comes (and it will) and then they will call and schedule the appt. I wish I had just a tad bit of optimism but that has pretty much gone out the window. I have high progesterone levels every month (indicating that I am ovulating), hubby and I do it every other day or every day (depending on our moods) from day 11 - day 19 and what?? Nothing. Nothing has freakin happened.
I should be happy that I am finally going to see a specialist but I am having mixed emotions. Don't get me wrong, I will go (in fact Bryan has to go also) but I am sort of afraid of what he will tell me. Sorry, Mrs. Oakley, you are sterile and your chance of having a child is about....I don't know...one in a bazillion. Bryan is worried that the tests are going to reveal something is wrong with him but I honestly don't think so. If I do not take birth control pills or my metformin pills (which I am now taking), I will have about 3 periods a year. That just ain't normal. So I am pretty sure the problem lies with me.
My mom is having rotator cuff surgery next week and I am taking off of work from Wed. through Friday to take her for her surgery and also take care of her for a few days. Well, her surgeons office called her yesterday and gave her some not so wonderful news. Her most recent chest x-rays showed a shadow on her lungs. They don't seem worried about it and told her to follow-up with her regular Dr. after the surgery. They said it could have been because of the angle at which she was standing. Still...gray shadows on her lungs and she isn't supposed to worry about it? She's had a chronic cough for the past year or so and her family Dr. told her it was nothing. He's a quack!!! I'm sorry...but a chronic cough does not happen to a woman who has never smoked a day in her life unless something is wrong. And now the shadow on the x-ray???? I just lost my dad last Dec. to liver cancer and I am not even going to think that something could happen to my mom. She is tall and skinny and healthy(except for the chronic cough and the hurt shoulder from a car accident last year). So, being the bad daughter that I am, I told her that I would not show up next week (she lives 3 1/2 hours away) unless she called her Dr. now and set something up for a follow-up appt. I know that it might not be anything but I will be damned if I am going to bury my mom any time soon.
Ok...I need a lighter topic now before I get all wound up. Grey's is coming on in 30 minutes and I am sooooo looking forward to it. I predict Izzy and Callie will be pregnant with George's baby and I am not so sure about my prediction about the Meredith/Derek/Meredith's sis triangle. Meredith needs to wake up and smell the roses before it is too late.
I m so glad tomorrow is Friday. Saturday is supposed to bring in some cooler weather (upper 70's) and I can't wait. Fall is my favorite season hands down.
Well, I'm off to feed the kitties and get all comfy and cozy and ready for my show.
1 comment:
Are you sure you're not living in Wisconsin, and your Dr. Dumbfuck isn't a guy by the name of Doctor Southwick?
How's the metformin? Are you feeling tethered to the toilet? ;)
Hang in there, sweetie. The RE will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do to get pregnant.
Sending good thoughts for your mom. I'm sorry to hear about your dad - I didn't know you just lost him.
(((((hugs)))))
Post a Comment