Thursday, September 13, 2007

8 Random Tidbits

Kris tagged me to do a little list compiling 8 random tidbits about myself. Hmmm...just 8? Seems easy enough so here goes...

1. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks and I own all of his books. He is a romance writer that lives in eastern NC and bases all of his stories around cities in eastern NC. It makes me feel at home reading his novels and the fact that a guy can write a good romance novel completely astounds me.

2. In high school, my best friend Brenna and I used to keep track (in a notebook) of all of the boys we had kissed. I guess we wanted to see who could kiss more guys. Gosh, looking back now...I was such a hoochie!!

3. Dulce de Leche is the caramel version of crack rock! My sis-in-law gave us some last Christmas and as soon as we finished it, we looked online and tried to find out how to buy more it. It is very addictive and is best served warm over ice cream (any flavor).

4. DH and I met on Jan. 15, 2005. He moved in with me in late March and he proposed on July 25, 2005. The plan was to get married in the fall of 2006 but after I realized that I would never be able to be a "beautiful vision in white," I suggested a small wedding in the mountains. He was more than happy to oblige. We got married on Feb. 4, 2006 and I wore a pale pink dress and he wore a black suit with a pink tie.

5. Thursday night is my weigh in night on Weight Watchers. And every week after I weigh in, I go and pick up something really fattening for dinner!! Tonight was Chinese...yummy! I also usually goof off on Fridays and sometimes Sat. mornings (fast-food biscuit). And I wonder why the weight loss is so slow...

6. I took 5 years of Spanish in high school and college and barely remember any of it.

7. I once had sex with a previous boss. Did I mention that he was quite a bit older than me at the time (20 years older). I made the mistake of telling my hubby and now he kids me whenever we drive past a nursing home!

8. And last but not least...my favorite Pollock moment. I do not have many of them but when I do, they are doozies! I was golfing (well sort-of) with an ex-boyfriend and his friend on a cool March morning. Suddenly, we all looked up at the same time to see a deer run cross our path. My ex stated that he could not believe that we just saw a deer. And I followed up with, "I didn't think they were out yet. It's not deer season." Priceless!! Did I mention that we were all under the influence of some wacky tobackie??

So, that is me in a nutshell. Now, I'm off to eat a fortune cookie.

G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see your wedding picture - I bet it was beautiful.

I've never tried Dulce de Leche. I've heard it's more addictive than meth! :)