Ever heard of Aflac? The insurance that pays you when you injure yourself. I had it once (through a previous job) and it was made just for me. For me...you ask? Remember how I burnt my hand about 6 weeks ago? Well, I outdid myself this time.
Long story short...I dropped something off at a neighbor's house and was running back because Grey's Anatomy was on TV when all of a sudden I heard a POP and down I went. I hobbled back inside and proceeded to cry for 5 minutes before Bryan heard me. My right calf had shooting pains running through it and I balled like a baby. Bryan wanted to take me to the emergency room but having been there 6 weeks ago, I did not want to return. He helped me upstairs and we iced it and elevated it but it still continued to hurt and I continued to cry. After taking 2 Zanex's, a swig of rum and 6 ibuprofen, I fell asleep about 2 long and painful hours later.
I ended up in Urgent Care the next morning and they sent me to see an orthopedist. He said that I did not rupture my Achilles tendon (which was great) but I did however tear my calf muscle. Actually, he used the words that I "shredded my calf muscle" and after I looked at him like he had 3 heads, he said it was torn. He fitted me for a "boot" and gave me a nice new pair of crutches (I hobbled in on an old one that I had from about 10 years ago that was starting to dry-rot). He told me that on average most people use the crutches for 6 - 8 weeks and then I will be able to walk in the boot without the crutches for a while before I completely return to normal.
Did I mention that "Black Friday" is in 5 weeks and mom and I always go out at the crack of dawn with all of the other criminally insane people? It has been a tradition for us. Even now, when I love 3 1/2 hours away, she still drives up here for Turkey Day and then we shop.
Speaking of Christmas shopping, I haven't even started. I guess I can order gifts online this year. I refuse to drive those little motorized scooters around the grocery store and Wal-Mart with all of the little old women who generally block the middle of the aisle with them while they stand up to grab something off of the top shelf.
Bryan is baffled at how I could injure myself twice in a 2-month span. I simply replied that I am very clumsy and I guess I should have told him that before he married me. And I asked him if he wanted a divorce because I did not disclose that information before we said our vows. He said no but I know he DREADS cleaning the house for the next 2 months. Ahhh...maybe something good will come out of this after all? Here's to hoping it will...
2 comments:
Totally unrelated to you post. I LOOOOVE your cats. Love them! I am all about fluffy maine coon mixes and I am currently coveting an orange kitten. I have a 10 yr old female maine coon mix and a 1 1/2 yr old male grey long hair mix. They aren't doing well so I think the kitten (young cat actually) would help the male.
How does your menagerie get along?
I used to be a dog person and my hubby somehow converted me to a cat person (even though I still love doggies).
We have had the white one (female) and the orange one (male) for 1 - 2 years and didn't plan on getting any more. But the newest one (female) found me...I couldn't resist. There was some initial hissing but they get along great. The orange one is the oldest and since he is male, he is the alpha kitty. He washes the other 2 but he also likes to chase them. I couldn't have asked for a better bunch. The male fluffy orange kitty is a Momma's Boy and the females have become Daddy's Girls. The newest one is the youngest and she brings such life into the older ones.
Good luck!!
Post a Comment