I know it has been over a month since my last post. Bad, bad Lori!
For those of my friends reading this, I am sure you are going to disagree with what I am about to post. But that is what I love about blogging and what I love about America for that matter (Thanks Amendment No. 1).
I am a fan and supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton and I firmly believe that she should be the next President. My husband on the other hand is a big fan of Barack Hussein Obama. When we watch the election coverage, it is like having a Rottweiler and a Pit Bull in the same room. We talk; we yell; we chant; we laugh; and we love that we both feel so passionately about our candidates. At then end of the day, what matters most to both of us is that a Democrat takes office next January and not a Republican.
Bryan argues that Hillary can't beat McCain. I argue that she is the only one that can beat McCain. He says we don't need another Clinton to continue the Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, "Clinton" regime. I argue that Barack has only 1 year of Senatorial experience and that all he does is deliver good speeches. It's actually hilarious if you were to watch us in our little discussions. Honestly, we hope that the ticket is either Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton but we're doubtful that either will happen. I have a funny feeling that Edwards is going to be chosen for the VP position and I can only hope that Hillary is the Democratic Presidential nominee.
Why I am I a big Hillary fan? Well, I could go on and on about that. Why are some of my friends not Hillary fans? I keep hearing the same thing over and over....Monica. Would I personally do the same thing that Hillary did when confronted with spousal adultery? I doubt it. Am I going to condemn her for "standing by her man?" No. Perhaps it is because my father cheated on my mother and she "stood by him" and took him back. Twice, I might add. Perhaps it is because I have never been in that situation and I can't speak from experience. I am a Hillary supporter based on her political experience, both as a First Lady and as a Senator.
I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers. I respect my friend's opinions and I hope you can respect mine.
I was thrilled to wake up and hear about Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island. Hillary's got an uphill battle with the delegate votes but I will stand behind her until the Democratic Committee announces that someone else is the Democratic Presidential nominee. GO HILLARY!!
1 comment:
My Dad and I get into really heated arguments about politics, too. I've always considered myself a republican, but I can't stand McCain. His whole policy about another 10 years in Iraq makes me want to find him, kick him in the shins, and dump a bucket of dog poop on his head.
I can't understand why Al Gore didn't run. I think he would have swept the primaries.
Then again, I thought Guilliani was going to take the republican nomination; so I know nothing about nothing.
P.S. Happy you FINALLY did another blog entry! :)
Post a Comment