Sunday, November 25, 2007

Insanity on Black Friday

I am insane. Is this a new revelation? Perhaps not but it still amazes me at my level of insanity at times. Black Friday came and went 2 days ago and I am still feeling achy from carrying shopping bags around the mall. For someone who is "broke" and has a husband that is unemployed, I was determined to find the best deals imaginable. And in order to do that...I got my butt up at 2:30 AM and was out at the stores by 3:45 AM. Yes, I said AM. This was an all-time record for me. I even texted my mom while sitting in the parking lot at Kohl's to let her know that she made a wise decision by staying home this year. Did I have fun??? Of course, I did!!! I love the rush of all the people looking for the same deals as me. You see...when a store has a "really good deal," they make you look for it. It's kind of like a cat and mouse game. Kohls' had cute winter themed throws for $3.99 (perfect cheap gift for certain people if you catch my drift). Do you think they would be anywhere near the other throws or blankets? Nope, they were in the middle of an aisle tucked behind toasters or something similar that was also out of place. I know their game now and next year, I will be even more prepared. My mom said she will definitely be here next year for Black Friday so look out Charlotte...game on!!

No comments: