Sunday, November 11, 2007

Charlie & Chloe sitting in a tree...literally

Just thought I would check in since it has been a while. Not much new going on here except that I am no longer wearing that freaking boot. YEA!!!! I still can't exercise (why would I want to do that in the first place) because any stretching that I do with that calf still hurts.

Since the boot is off earlier than expected, I have decided to put up the Christmas tree (I didn't want to do it if I was on crutches). We have added a new feline addition since last Christmas and I can only imagine what is going to happen to the poor tree. Last year, Charlie waited until we went out of town and then he went tree diving. My friend, who was cat-sitting, tried to cover it up but I had a feeling he would do it. Chloe, the newest one, loves to jump on things so I have no doubt that she will probably go for the tree topper!! We'll see what happens...

My mom just told me that she will not be able to come visit for Thanksgiving and I am a little bummed out about that. Since I have lived in Charlotte, she always comes here for Turkey Day and after we finish eating, we plan our method of attack for the next day...Black Friday!! Charlotte is a lot bigger than my hometown so it gave us plenty of shopping destinations. We would always start the day around 6 AM and wind down around 6 - 7 PM...only because I was tired. Since mom had the shoulder surgery, it is difficult to drive and a 3 1/2 hour drive would be way too much. I understand. She is going to spend it with my brother and his family and Bryan and I are heading over to his uncle's house. I think we are going to do something different for Thanksgiving because Bryan doesn't really care for turkey and Mike loves to cook Italian.

Felice Giorno de Ringraziamento (Happy T-Day in Italian).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be milking your wounded leg until hell freezes over!

"Bryan, can you bring me a glass of water. I can't really walk that well yet."

"Bryan, you need to do all the laundry, since I can't put much weight on my foot."

"Bryan, you need to clean the toilets, since I can't balance myself AND use the scrubber."

"Bryan, you have to make dinner tonight. I just can't stand up long enough to do it."

:) :) :) :) :)