It is 4AM on a Sunday morning and here I am sitting at my computer. Gee...what's wrong with this picture?? Pretty much every night since we have moved into our new house, I wake up around this time and it takes forever to go back to sleep. And to top it off, I feel like I have a bladder infection trying it's best to rear it's ugly head.
Today, Bryan and I are starting to rip off the old deck and lay concrete pavers for a patio. Every house in the neighborhood came with a cheap looking 8' x 8' deck and since that space is pretty much useless, we thought we would remove it and install a 16' x 12' patio. What the hell were we thinking? When we started the project, we didn't think the deck was attached to the house...wrong!! After 2 trips to Lowe's yesterday, we were too embarrassed to go back and buy more shit so we went to Home Depot. I would like to be optimistic and say that we have everything we need but I am sure we will be making another trip today. And who's idea was it anyway to go ahead and start on this project? Oh yeah, that would be me!!
Bryan's mom and my mom have decided to have a housewarming party for us in early August and I guess I want everything to be perfect. DUMB ME!!
I watched Dirty Dancing last night for the millionth time. I started bawling at the end when Baby's father told Patrick Swayze, "When I am wrong, I say I'm wrong." I always thought that was a poor excuse for an apology. I guess I started bawling because of the relationship Baby had with her dad. Mine was nothing at all like that with my dad. And now he is gone. He passed away on Dec. 1st from cancer and this will be my first Father's Day without him. After I graduated from college, we didn't speak for years and then when I decided to reconnect with him in June 2005, he was diagnosed with liver cancer the follwing month. God sure does work in mysterious ways. Even though we didn't speak for years, I always sent him a Father's Day card (along with birthday and X-mas) and he always did the same (minus the Father's Day, of course). This will be my first Father's Day without a father and I honestly do not know how I will do today. Mr. Grumpy (my monthly) is here and I am extremely hormonal so that will not help matters. Today, I really need the support of my husband and although we have our highs and lows, he is a genuinely good person and I have no doubt that he will be here for me today. I am very lucky.
1 comment:
AACK - Remodeling sucks!!
I was snickering about your trips to Lowe's. When Dave was gone, I went to Menard's 5 times in 2 days (once for planting stuff, once for paint, twice for landscaping mulch, and once for dropcloths for our floor). I think the cashier could have typed my credit card number into the system from memory. :)
Post a Comment