I know I shouldn't get excited. I shouldn't even think about it. But it's hard.
Yesterday was IUI #5. Yes, I said 5. Remember, we have been TTC since 2006 and our IUI's have been averaging about one a year until this year. We did one in February abd obviously, it didn't work. Our second one for the year was yesterday and if that one doesn't work, our last one will be in October.
So, yesterdays IUI...
I was a little apprehensive since when we arrived I had not started cramping yet. I always have cramps when I take the fertility meds around my ovulation time and my gut feeling told me that it was too early. B and I arrived at 7:30AM in order for me to have my blood drawn and for B to give his sample. The nurse told us to come back at 10:30 for the actual IUI. So, we went and ate a deliciously fattening breakfast and piddled around.
We arrived back at the office at 10AM. Gee, you think we were excited? We chatted in the car for about 15 minutes and said a prayer. We asked God that his will be done and hoped really hard that his plans for us included a child.
We sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes and eventually got called back. I undressed, hopped on the table and B took a seat next to me. The Dr. walked in (not my usual one...they rotate whoever is on call that day) shortly afterward. The Dr. asked how I was doing and the nurse immediately thrusted B's sample in my face to show me that it was ours. That same time, the Dr. told us that B's post wash count was 26 million (around normal) and that his motility was 90%. Ummm......WHAT???? I put my hand up towards the nurse to shove her aside for a second and asked the Dr. to repeat the numbers. Yep, he said it again. 90% motility!! And then he turned to B and said "good job." Well, my hubby had the biggest shit eating grin on his face imaginable.
I asked the Dr. about my bloodwork since I wasn't cramping and he said that they look for progesterone levels to be between 1 - 3 for IUI's and mine was above 1. He didn't tell me how much above it, just that it was above it. And he said to expect cramps later that day. And boy, was he right!!!
He inserted the speculum and was done in a few seconds. It was the first time that I felt no pain. That was such a nice feeling. On his way out, he told us to bed again last night and we actually followed the Dr's orders!
So, I came home and pretty much took it easy yesterday.
I pray this one works. Please oh please work. I am one day post IUI (1diui) and the next 10 days are going to be hell. I am sure I will look for every imagine able symptom.
Be back soon to give you an update.
No comments:
Post a Comment