Friday, July 22, 2011

Insomnia is a Bitch

No. more. caffeine. after. 5PM.

So, I have been pretty good about cutting caffeine out of my diet. Completely. Once in a while, I have a can/bottle of Coke Zero or Diet Coke with caffeine in it. But other than that, no caffeine. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

So what the f was I thinking when we went out for dinner tonight and I had two (to-go) cups of Diet Dr. Pepper? One with dinner and one "for the road." We went shoe shopping afterwards because we both needed a new pair of sneakers and I proceeded to drink the entire cup while out shopping.

Then, we get home and I finished off the night by drinking another 16 oz. bottle of one of Bryan's "leftover" Diet Sundrops. Yep, more caffeine,

So, here it is...2AM in the freakin morning and I am wide awake. I did manage to get about an hours worth of sleep before I woke up. Yep, one whole hour.

I reluctantly just took a half of a Tylenol PM and knowing my luck, it will kick in in about 2 or 3 hours and I will finally fall asleep around 5:00. Considering that I wanted to get up early and go yard saling, that doesn't do me much good.

With nothing to do but toss and turn, I thought to myself "what better time to update my blog." There's not really much to update mind you but here I am.

I guess I could use this opportunity to brag about some more weight loss. You see, I finally hit a big milestone for me...50 pounds lost. Well, 51 to be exact. Of course, after my 2 slices of pizza last night, that number might not be so high later today. But that's ok. I'm still proud of myself.

Yesterday, I decided to go to the dentist for a cleaning and see if I needed to have any dental work done. And of course, the dental Gods smiled down on me and happily obliged. I need one filling, one crown and some tooth polishing (I have a couple of small stains on my front teeth), which is apparently not covered by insurance. I scheduled all my appointments for the next 3 weeks. Why, you might ask? Because I am determined that the IUI in late August is going to work. And you know what that means? I can not be having dental work done when I am preggers. :) Yep, for some strange reason, I am really preparing myself for a successful IUI. I am not sure why considering I have already had 4 unsuccessful ones. Maybe I am a sucker for heartache and disappointment?

So, I guess that is about for me. I will try and post again prior to the IUI. I am guessing it will happen around the end of August if all goes according to plan. I can't even begin to tell you how much I pray it works this time. But I think you already know that, don't you?

No comments: