Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Post-IUI

I am sitting here waiting for my chiropractor's office to open. I woke up this morning with severe back pain and I am hoping / praying that an adjustment will do the trick. Black Friday is in 2 days and I need to be physically ready for it!! ;) My mom is coming to town today and she has not been able to visit over the Thanksgiving holidays for the past 3 years. But alas, she will be here this year and let me tell you...that woman wears me out. She can shop from 4 AM to 8 PM on Black Friday and not blink and eye. Me on the other hand...I have to bring a change of sneakers because around lunch time, my feet start to throb like nobodies business. Generally, around 5PM, I am done for the day. My body is wore out and I don't have it in me to go any further. Somehow, though we usually manage to stay out until about 7PM. I don't know for the life of me who possesses my body and takes over for the final 2 hours. All I know is that we get home in time to have dinner with B.

So, back to the back pain. B seems to think that it is happening because I am pregnant. He is so cute!!! You see, I had my IUI Sunday and B thinks the pain is somehow related to implantation. Me, being the professional goggle that I am, googled the back pain and it seems that it might be associated with the stupid progesterone suppositories I am having to use twice a day. Many women complain that for some reason, they give them intense lower back pain. And since this is my first time using them, I am guessing that is where the back pain is coming from. I really do wish it was implantation pain but since I am only 3 days post-IUI, that is pretty much impossible.

Hopefully, the back pain will go away soon and mom and I will be able to "do our thing" on Black Friday. She will be here until Monday and that will definitely help to take my mind off of the dreaded 2 week wait until I can POAS.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family. I hope this past year has been a good one for you and that next year brings more happiness.

No comments: