Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Intentions

Along with millions of Americans, I made that fateful New Year's resolution of losing weight in 2010. Day 3 into the New Year and what was I thinking?

My left knee has been bothering me for the past few months and I didn't think much of it. I've always had problems with my knees making godawful sounds but over the past few months, the left knee has gotten a lot worse. I can't bend down properly and I sort of baby it. That should have been a very telling sign.

So fast forward to yesterday when I tried do use my new Biggest Loser game for my Wii Fit. PAIN, PAIN and more PAIN. Saying I was upset is putting it mildly. I know I should probably go see my Dr, but she is just going to tell me that I am fat and that losing weight will help the pain in my knee. Duh! But how can I lose weight if I can't exercise? Watching what I eat will only get me so far.

I am so mad at myself. How did I let myself get like this? It was only 5 years ago that I was going to the gym everyday. I did water aerobics on a weekly basis. I typically did the elliptical machine for 30 or 40 minutes. Same with the treadmill. And now look at me? I can't even f'ing exercise if I wanted to.

My weight has gotten so out of hand. Bryan and I are supposed to be going to New Orleans in April (my job is sending me there) and I can't figure out for the life of me how I am going to walk around the French Quarter when I am fat and can't even walk.

I think I am going to call my Dr. this week. So she tells me I am fat. What's new? I just hope I don't get any real bad news.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ask for an MRI to look at your knee in detail. God only knows what damage you might have, and the longer you wait, the worse it's going to get. (The popping noises kinda give it away.)

Dave used to snowboard, and he tore up his knees pretty bad. All he has to do now is step wrong, and he tears the ligament behind his kneecap. At least if you find out what's wrong, you can do some slow, strengthening exercises. It's better than nothing.

Would your doctor write you a script for phentermine? I just started taking it again last week, and it's helped TREMENDOUSLY with the constant cravings & binges. I can actually eat 20 potato chips now, and not scarf down the whole bag. It's like flipping a switch in your brain, to stop you from thinking about food all the damn time.