Monday, December 7, 2009

Cupcakes make everything better

My mom left this morning after a weekend visit. It was so nice seeing her and spending some quality (shopping) time with her. As usual, my eating got out of hand this past weekend. Who am I kidding? My eating is our of hand (period).

Last week, I got my 6 month review at work and during the review, I cried. Yep, I cried. I guess next time I will not get my review the day before my period is due. In all my of 12 years of planning, I have never received a '2' during a review until last week. 5 is exceptional, 3 is average and 1 is unsatisfactory. During previous reviews, I got mostly 4's, a few 3's and a couple of 5's. Last week, I got almost all 3's, a few 2's and a few 4's. I got a 2 on how I deal with the public. Why you might ask? Because last week, an asshole had the permit tech. in tears and I went up there to talk to him. He 'claims' I rolled my eyes at him while talking to him and he later told my boss. I do not recall rolling my eyes but even if it did happen, why didn't my boss come talk to me about it? Also, about 3 months ago, an a-hole developer told my boss I basically called him an idiot at a Planning Board meeting. Puhlease...I am not that dumb. So back to the review...out of the hundreds of people I deal with and all the "fires" I put out at work, my boss told me he gave me a 2 based on those 2 experiences! WTF??????

The other '2' was for being a good (bad) supervisor in the absence of my boss. I will be the first one to admit to goofing off at work but to be honest with you, I have RARELY had a chance to do that over the past 6 months. I can honestly say that I have surfed the net about 3 times over 6 months. 3 freakin times! His friend, the HR Dir. told him that we have a party-like atmosphere when he is not at the office. Gimme a f'in break. I am working most of the time and I barely have time for lunch.

Things were very tense at work on Friday (my review was on Thursday). My boss was overly nice to me and I kept it very professional. He asked me if I wanted to go to the national planning conference in New Orleans in April. Umm...hello. The planners and I have been talking about the national conference for months and now all of a sudden, he hasked me if I want to go. As much as I want to, I am going to say no. He told the Code Enforcement Officer that he couldn't take a building inspection class 2hours away because the money wasn't in the budget but now we have the money to send me 15 hours away?!?!?! I like the Code Enforcement Officer and I couldn't do that to him.

Bryan wants me to look for a new job next year. Uurghh.... I was hoping to do another IUI at the beginning of the year and now I feel like the timing is not right.

Where are those cupcakes we bought last night????

1 comment:

Kris said...

OMG - your boss needs a good old fashioned ass whooping. Who cares if you did roll your eyes at the guy? If he's that sensitive about it, maybe he should get a job making paper mache dolls or something. What a jackass.

I hate it when people try to compensate for being assholes by being overly nice to you the next day.

Have you scheduled your IUI yet?