Today was my first day of physical therapy. Physical therapy you might ask?? Ok, I will digress. I went to see my regular Dr. last week. She is such a putz! And to top it off, they did not even have an x-ray machine in their office. Remind me again why I wasted $20 seeing her?
She referred me to an orthopedic Dr. and my appointment was yesterday. To be honest with you, I was so focused on the hotty-ass Dr. and his hotty-ass PA, whom I shall refer to as McHottie and McHottie Jr., that I kind of missed a little bit of what they were saying. I do remember McHottie Jr. telling me that I had degenerative bone disease and that my meniscus might be torn. McHottie told me that I have (mild?)osteoarthritis, which turns out to be the more common name for degenerative bone disease and I have a few bone spurs. On a lighter note, McHottie told me that almost all adult Americans have some osteoarthritis and they just don't realize it. Take for example the knee crunches. No, I am not referring to any form of exercise silly. When you bend your knees, do you ever get those crunchy sounds? If so, you my dear have osteoarthritis. I will not even charge you for the diagnosis, how about that!! ;) McHottie also thought that my meniscus might be torn but since the only way to diagnose it is through an expensive MRI, he wants me to start physical therapy right now and see if it helps. After McHottie gave me all that news, McHottie Jr. came back to give me a cortisone shot in the knee. I don't know how he found that itsy bitsy spot in between the bones but he did. The needle went in effortlessly and he made it almost painless.
So, today was the first day of physical therapy and I think it went well. I told my therapist that my goal was to be healed before my trip to New Orleans in April and he said he thought that it was doable. Yea!! Of course, that was before he starting poking and prodding. He also thinks my meniscus is damaged but he said that if it was a minor tear, McHottie would schedule me for physical therapy anyhow. So hopefully, we kill 2 birds with one stone.
I will be back soon to update you on my non-existent diet. Why, oh why do I bother? Till then...
1 comment:
I'm so so so so SO glad you went to see your doctor!
I get those crunchy noises every once in a while, & they make me cringe. I just chalked it up to being too fat. :)
Hope you shaved your legs before you Dr McHottie & Jr felt you up. :D
Post a Comment