Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why Do I Bother

to diet? Why can't I just accept the fact that I love food and more than that, I love to eat?

I lasted about a month on Weight Watchers this time. One whole month. And since that time, I have gained back what I loss plus a little extra for safe-keeping. I tried to blame it on the fact that we didn't have the money to pay for it. I tried to blame it on the stress of moving. I tried to blame it on not having a job. It's so much easier to blame something, someone else, other than yourself.

So, I got this hair-brained scheme to go back to dieting 101...counting calories. That lasted about a week. I did manage to lose 5 pounds that week though. And so far, I've only gained back 3.

This endless cycle goes on and on. Food is my addiction. I wish it wasn't.

This is going to sound incredibly insane but sometimes I wish I was addicted to something else, like drugs or alcohol. Ok, I know what you are thinking. What sane person wishes they were addicted to drugs, or alcohol for that matter? My very weird rationale is that with drugs and alcohol, you have to (or at least are supposed to) give it up cold turkey. With food, you still have to eat. Eat to live right? Then why do I live to eat?

Maybe one of these days I'll stick to a diet. Maybe I will find a job and all my stress will go away. Yeah, right. I didn't think so either.

Another day, another diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you're putting in the effort!!!

I'm living on little debbie snacks and stouffer's frozen dinners. And not the lean cuisine ones, either. Oh, no.

And you know what's really sick???? I can't freaking wait for the girl scout cookie sales to start in my neighborhood. So I can stock up & nosh on those for the next couple of weeks.

I often wish they made a pill to shut off the fake hunger/craving portion of my brain. I think phen-fen worked amazingly well at this, but then they found out about all the heart valve damage. I'm thinking screw it - heart valves are replaceable. If it meant I didn't think about food 24/7, I would try it anyway.

I owe you an e-mail, too. Will try & get it sent tonight!