I know I haven't posted in a while. It just seems like the month of August and the first half of September have been a blur for me.
On a happy note - my mom is doing much better. She definitely does not have cancer and last week, she found a new attorney to take her accident case.
Charlie is still throwing up some but he seems to be gaining some weight back so that is good. I am supposed to feed him in an upright position and hold him upright for 10 minutes after he eats. HA! Fat chance of that happening. I make an attempt at it every time he eats and when I am able to hold him for a longer period, he does end up keeping his food down.
I rejoined WW for the bizillioneth time. Even though we don't have the money to do it, Bryan said that since I enjoy it and it takes me mind off of other things, it is worth it.
Now for the not-so-good news - We are in a horrible financial state. Bryan's job loss back in November, coupled with some bad decisions on our part and Charlie's medical bills have left us in a terrible state financially. After speaking with a credit counselor yesterday, it turns out that I may need to file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. YIKES!! Just the word bankruptcy sends shivers down my spine. I really don't know why I am so scared of it. I know 4 people who have done it...2 ex-boyfriends, 1 college friend and my sister. My sister was the only one out of the 4 that filed for Chapter 13, which is the one where you set up a payment plan. If I have to file, that is the route I want to go. I (we) ran up the ran so I (we) need to be financially responsible and pay it back.
This whole bankruptcy thing has really got me to thinking about life in general. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, a family that loves me and 3 kitties that I adore. Life is good even though this past year has thrown some kinks into it. When I heard about Lehman Brothers yesterday, my heart immediately went out to all of those people who lost their jobs, along with their families. I know what it is like first hand to have an unexpected job loss in the family. I pray that they have a good support system of family and friends and that they will be able to make it through the difficult times that lie ahead.
It is raining outsuide right now and as I look out my window, it looks very dark and somber. I wish I was at home curled up in my bed with a good book and one of my kitties. Ok, my hubby can be there, too! ;)
Biggest Loser starts tonight. YEA!!!! And Grey's Anatomy starts next week. TV life is good again. :)
1 comment:
I'm sending you an e-mail tomorrow with my own financial horror stories. Believe me, toots, you're not alone in this!!!!! :)
And God help me, I can't wait for fall TV, too.
Post a Comment