a little bit about my life...trying to have a baby, trying to diet, and trying to remain sane throughout it all
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Charlie, My Boy
My little boy is not doing so well. He was starting to regurgitate daily again so I took him back to the vet. The appt. was at 5:30PM yesterday so I made Bryan go with me. When the vet tech. told me that he dropped another pound and was down to 8.9, I started crying. He normally weighs 14 pounds and is now a shell of his previous self. The vet decided to put him back on the anit-nausea medicine but this time, I get to give it to him in liquid form since he is so hard to medicate. She also called in a prescription for some very expensive liquid Pepcid. I eagerly gave it to him last night hoping he would feel better but instead he vomited within an hour of getting the new medicine. It breaks my heart to see him not feeling good and I am beginning to think that he has given up his will to live. He now hides in weird places and doesn't want to be touched. Dear God, please let the new medicine work and if not, please give me the strength to let him go peacefully. I am not going to put a feeding tube in him because to me (and in my vet's opinion), it then becomes about me and not him. I will keep you updated. Until then, please keep him in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Post a Comment