Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Housewarming Aches and Pains

My feet hurt, my back hurts, my legs hurt, my neck hurts...hmmm...let's see, what else??? Ahhhhh...the joys of home ownership. Bryan's mom and my mom are having a housewarming party for us this Saturday and we have been busting our butts for the last couple of weeks trying to get ready for it. We finally finished that damn patio and if you ask me, it's not level. We planted bushes and flowers all weekend and cleaned out the garage. Now, every night this week we have been working on the inside of the house. We've had 30 people RSVP that they are coming and of course, the perfectionist in me wants everything to be perfect. Oh, and did I mention the weather forecast is calling for isolated showers!?!?! Bryan says that they probably won't last long but the idea of 30 + people (including 6 children) cramped into our little house makes me nauseous. My whole family, excluding my one brother in TN and his family will be spending Friday and Sarurday night with us. 10 people in a 3 bedroom house...how cozy!! Bryan's family members are getting a hotel...Thank God!! I couldn't handle anymore people staying here.

That has been my life in a nutshell for the past week or so. In a way, I am looking forward to the party and seeing everyone (especially my sis & her fmamily who live in TN and my 1 year old niece, Tabby) but I am also ready for it to be over. I like to entertain but somtimes it can be so stressful!!

Stress is just what I need this week considering I am "supposed" to be ovulating sometime this week. Guess I should cut this post short and go find my hubby...

G'night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and I are such similar people, it almost scares me!

Enjoy your party on Saturday!!!!! We had a housewarming party when we bought our last place, and all I remember is checking pasta salads & deli trays all effing afternoon. It sucks to be a control freak . . . but it's the only way to guarantee the party will live up to our expectations.

And you know every body part in my being is crossed for you having a baby.