Monday, April 27, 2009

Thanks for calling...have a great day!

Yay Yay Yay...the upstairs neighbor moved out this past weekend. When Bryan and I ran into him in the hall area with moving boxes, I know we both had a huge grin on our faces. I tried not to smile so big but it was really, really hard.

Today was my first interview (of sorts) in about 7 years. My "interview" for my previous job consisted of lunch with the boss at Chili's talking about how much the area had changed over the years. I just nodded a lot and stuffed my face full of chips and salsa, at his expense of course. Today I had a lot of questions to answer, albeit, it was over the telephone. This was actually my first phone interview ever. I don't know why I was so nervous but I was. My breakfast...ummm...kind of went through me. The same thing happened with my lunch. When 1:30 rolled around, I was just ready for it to be over with. Surprisingly, I think it went quite well. The Planning Director would ask a planning related question and then the HR Director would ask some cheesy 'interview' question. It went back and forth like that for 30 minutes and I managed to do ok. At least, I think I did ok. Once they finish up the phone interviews tomorrow, the HR Director is going to call back the top candidates on Wednesday to schedule a "real" interview next week some time. To be quite honest, I am not overly sure that I want the job but the way the economy is looking, I would be more than thrilled to get the offer. And even if I do not get it, at least I will have brushed up on my interview skills.

Well, Dancing with the Stars is on so it is time to say adieu.

No comments: